What if you are in an abusive relationship and you do not realize it...
There are several ways that you can be abused. Know the signs, these aresome
of the signs of an abusive relationship. Some signs of domestic violenceand
abuse are more serious than others, but most signal a problem.
Does your partner or a friend's partner ever…
1. Try to control what you do and who you see?
2. Isolate you?
3. Control your access to money?
4. Make you feel worthless?
5. Stalk you, including calling you constantly or following you?
6. Accuse you of being disloyal?
7. Intimidate and threaten to hurt you or someone you love?
8. Pressure or force you to do things you are uncomfortable with?
9. Hurt you by hitting, choking or kicking?
10. Threaten to hurt themselves if they don’t get what they want?
If you suspect that you or someone you know is in an abusive relationship, you
are not alone. There is help in your community. Search for your local resources.
You may contact Safe Horizon one of many domestic violence resources.
visit www.safehorizon.com or call 1-800-621-HOPE (4673)
“Things don’t go wrong and break your heart so you can become bitter and give up.
They happen to break you down and build you up so you can be all that you were
intended to be.” Charles Jones.
Opening the door to a better you...